January 4, 2011

Revlon Perplex

Chanel Paradoxal was one of my favourite polishes of 2010, so when I heard that Revlon Perplex was similar, I knew I had to try it! 

I was lucky enough to participate in a polish swap with my nail-friend Ali from Ali's Nail News. If you haven't already, you should check out her blog - its awesome! Doing the swap was so much fun, and Ali's package to me was so so sweet and generous. We plan on doing it again some time, and I'm looking forward to that. If you're reading, Ali, thanks again - you're the best nail polish buddy ever!!! :)

Anyway, Perplex isn't out here in Aus yet, so this was one of the polishes I asked Ali to swap with me. Despite the fact it was hard to find at the time, she found it straight away and it made its way across the world into my waiting arms. Or waiting nails, I should say.

Here is the result of the union:




This is 2 coats plus Seche Vite topcoat. The formula was pretty nice to work with - no major problems.

I absolutely love this colour - all versions of it. I have Chanel Paradoxal, Revlon Perplex and Sportsgirl Supernatural (an Aussie brand) and in my massive stash, these get the most wear. It is hard to describe the colour - my beautiful friend J asked me if it was purple, grey or brown and I answered that it was a purply greyie brown with purple shimmer :) Whatever it is, its gorgeous in all its permutations, and I can't get enough of it.

Are you feeling the love for this colour?

MCB

2 comments:

  1. Been looking for this one for awhile. Still not finding it! Good thing you got it in a swap. My girlfriend checks the stores for me. Can't find the Milani yet either. I'm sure they'll show up some time. This is a gorgeous pollish. Really looks pretty on you. Is it really a dupe to the Chanel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lucy! Its not quite a dupe to the Chanel - the shimmer in this one is more pronounced, and the base colour is slightly darker and less brown to my eye. But they are definitely close enough that a non-polish addict couldn't tell the difference! Keep looking - you will find them, and when you do, you'll love them!

    ReplyDelete