March 16, 2011

St Patricks Day

Hi Everyone,

I often find motivation for my manicures from certain times of year. When you have a ridiculously large collection of nail polish (as I willingly admit I do!) it actually gets really hard to pick what to wear next, as the choice can overwhelm you. So my mani for tomorrow is inspired by St Patrick's day:





The first pic is more colour accurate - the second one I just took under direct light to show the detail.

For this I used two coats of Essie Going Incognito, then stamped with China Glaze Metallic Muse with my Bundle Monster plates. A St Patrick's Day mani isn't complete without a bit of Emerald Sparkle (by China Glaze), so I put two coats of this on my ring finger and stamped again with Metallic Muse. I topped it all off with one coat of Seche Vite.

Overall this didn't actually turn out as well as I'd hoped. I had so many ideas, and once this one went on it just didn't really seem as creative as how I had thought of it in my head...if that makes any sense whatsoever. Anyway, its certainly enough to put me in the Irish spirit for tomorrow, and hey, its green, so it works for me :)

I would also like to mention that today is my best friend B's birthday. Happy birthday!!! We have been friends for forever, and she is the most wonderful, supportive, amazing person, and I'm so lucky to know her and have her friendship! She is also very supportive of my nail polish 'habit' and was my very first follower on this blog. So here's to another amazing year, and we'll bring it in in style on Friday!

MCB

1 comment: