November 13, 2010

2 Polishes from Essie Winter 2010

I have been known to squeal with excitement, despite being old enough to know better. And that's exactly what happened when I received my new Essie polishes last week. I only got 2 from the Winter 2010 collection - Smokin' Hot and Going Incognito.

First up, Smokin' Hot in the sun, then in the shade:



This is a delicious dark purple grey creme. I applied 2 coats and topped it off with Seche Vite. I like this one - glad I picked it up.

Next up, Going Incognito in the sun then in the shade:



Luscious emerald/forest green. This is 2 coats topped with SV. I LOVE this colour - creamy green goodness in a bottle. I am a big fan of greens, and this one ticks all the boxes for me. I'm pretty sure that if you don't have this, you need to drop everything you're doing, including reading my blog, and go out and find it right now.

I did a comparison of Smokin' Hot with Models Own Purple Grey:




Although they're similar, the Essie is a cooler, more smokey colour than the Model's Own. The Model's Own has more red to it and is slightly warmer.

I also compared Smokin' Hot with OPI's Jade is the New Black:



As you can see, the Essie is a lot richer and deeper, whereas the OPI has a lighter, more dusty and more muted look.

Well that's it for another post...what do you think of these colours from Essie's Winter 2010 collection?

MCB

No comments:

Post a Comment