November 19, 2010

Orly 'Tis the Season Holiday Collection 2010 - Meet Me Under The Mistletoe

Orly has released six colours for their Holiday Collection this year, but I only picked up one. The others are nice, but just didn't really catch my eye.

Meet Me Under The Mistletoe is a sheer-ish forest green base packed with foily glitter that shimmers predominantly green and gold. In the bottle it looks like there is blue or turquoise element to this polish, but it doesn't really translate onto the nail.

Because there is so much glitter suspended in this polish, the base itself is rather sheer. I only did two (thick) coats for these swatches, but I think I may have been better off with three for full coverage. I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite.




Being a green lover, I really like this colour. Its not my absolute favourite green in my collection, but I think it will be getting some more wear in December as the festivities begin!

MCB

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely in love with this color. It's the only one I picked up from the collection, too, but I was very much tempted by the shimmery white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a pretty color, I love it. It is a bit sheer, I had to use three coats too - but what a stunner! And your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nail crazy - It's delicious, isn't it?!

    @Erin - I was so tempted by the white as well, but I got the white, Frosty, from the China Glaze Holiday Collection so hopefully I'll be satisfied with that! I'll be swatching that soon too :)

    @Nicole - Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this one MCB. I am a fan of green too - it looks amazing on your beautiful nails.

    ReplyDelete