November 16, 2010

Dior Vernis Red Dahlia

Hi Everyone!

I picked this Dior lacquer up in an impulsive fashion (very unlike me...not) while I was buying some makeup the other day, and I am so glad I did.

I'm not a huge fan of reds, and although I do have a few in my collection, they have to be pretty special to come out in public. Trust me, this one is special.

I should preface these pics with the caveat that I had some difficulty photographing this colour. I am technologically challenged at the best of times, so I enlisted the help of my dad, who is gifted with photographic skills that have to be seen to be believed. He started telling me about why I was having trouble getting colour accuracy - about the dichroic nature of light and the amount of reflection visible to the naked eye and then I fell asleep and my brain imploded simultaneously and I just kept taking photos in all different sorts of light until I found something that worked.

Of course in the middle of all this I couldn't resist embellishing such a lovely manicure, so I added some Konad...unfortunately none of the pictures I took pre-Konad are the right colour, so I don't have any to show you, but luckily the design doesn't cover the entire nail so you can still get a feel for how the colour  looks on its own.

So here are some reasonably accurate colour pics - bearing in mind that the colour you see on your screen will also depend on your monitor's calibration:





Red Dahlia is a rich, sumptuous, cool blue red, which was so easy to work with it almost applied itself. Smooth, creamy, perfect finish (and you'd want to hope so, given the retail price we have to pay for these in Aus!). This is 2 coats with a Seche Vite top coat.

For the Konad, I used the M45 plate to do the polka dot tips and the M59 plate for the bow, both in Konad Special White polish. I then used a tiny pearl decoration given to me in a sparkly package from my lovely friend the divine Miss M :)

So that is the delicious Red Dahlia...yum.

MCB

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this colour. Mr Opi_Queen thinks I should invest in this one too. Walking, not running!!!!!

    ReplyDelete