November 13, 2010

Blue Skies

Gonads - I can take them or leave them...but Konads - now that is another matter. It is a rare day that I can resist the temptation to stamp/decorate or otherwise alter the appearance of a perfectly acceptable manicure. So in keeping with this approach, after I had painted my nails with Color Club's Take Me To Your Chateau, I couldn't resist sprucing it up with some stamping and freehand.

I got this idea from Ashley's amazing blog Polish and Konad, and you can see her original here: http://www.polishandkonad.com/2010/06/disney-pixars-up-freehand-mani.html

Here is mine:




I used 2 coats of Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau, Konad plate M79, and Konad Polish in Special White. For the balloons, I used China Glaze Heli-Yum, China Glaze Grape Pop, OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui, Orly Lollipop, Orly Gumdrop and Illamasqua Blow. I then used a Sally Hansen nail art pen in white to create the shine on the balloons, and topped everything off with a coat of Seche Vite.

Cute, but my balloons are a bit messy...I really need to get me a dotting tool, and some ambidexterity :)

MCB

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Completely inspired by yours - I wouldn't have thought of those cute balloons on my own :)

    ReplyDelete