December 16, 2010

Chanel Riva

Remember that post I did on China Glaze Moody Blue? And I whinged about how we never get the popular, awesome polishes down here in Australia, and they always take ten years to get here and by the time they get here everyone's forgotten about them anyway?

Yes. Well. I have to take that back in Chanel's case...because I have, in my hot little hands, a little bottle of Riva.

All is not forgiven though, because there was still an impossibly long waiting list for this polish, and it was only through a lucky twist of fate and some pretty awesome customer service that I obtained this beauty. Also, I paid $39. $39!!! For one little incy wincy bottle. Ugh. And that didn't even include shipping.

Anyway, here are the pics:






This is 4 coats of Riva and one coat of Seche Vite.

I have to say straight up that I don't like this as much as I thought I would. It has more of a grey tinge than I was imagining, and was a little streaky and difficult to apply. Nothing too troublesome, but for the amount I paid for it I expected perfect application, and this was not that.

A lot of reviewers/bloggers have said that the shimmer disappears on the nail, and this is definitely true in the shade and low light, but in the sun I have to say that the shimmer showed up beautifully (albeit subtly) and it was gorgeous. If you look at the sunlight pics above you can definitely see the little crystals of blue microshimmer peeping out of the jelly-ish base.

So although I don't like this as much as I thought I would, I still like it. It is a nice colour, and the shimmer makes it unique in my collection. However, unless you are completely in love with it, I would have to say that China Glaze Moody Blue or Hard Candy Sky will satisfy your lemming, even though they are not exact dupes.

MCB

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's really expensive! I think I'd have to be very much in love with a polish to spend that much. Shame you aren't totally in love with it. It is pretty!

    ReplyDelete