December 21, 2010

Christmas Konad

I went to a Christmas par-tay the other night, and so I decided to get into the spirit of things with a Christmas mani! I was kind of going for a candy cane look with an accent nail:



I kind of like it, but I think the accent nail doesn't really tie in with the other nails - its like 3 nails from one manicure and a random nail thrown in! Maybe if I'd used a white creme on the accent nail instead of a shimmery polish it might have tied in a bit better...

Anyway, this is one coat of OPI's Ali's Big Break for the red base, and 2 coats of China Glaze Frosty for the ring finger. The one coat of red wouldn't have been sufficient for a normal mani (I'd go with 2 coats) but I knew I'd be using a full nail stamp which would hide the minor imperfections, so I stuck with one.

I then stamped with my BundleMonster stamps - BM20 in Konad Special White Polish for the stripes and BM14 in Konad Green for the holly. I then dotted on the little red berries on the accent finger with a dotting tool and Ali's Big Break.

The only problem with the BundleMonster plates is that their full nail stamps are so damn tiny! You can see on the pics above that they only just cover my middle finger, and I'm glad I don't include my thumbs in the photo cos I tried to join up the stamp across them to make it fit and it was a hot mess :) But for the price, you can't complain really!

What kinds of Christmas manis have you guys been coming up with?

MCB

3 comments:

  1. I love the candy striped nails - kind of makes me hungry! The holly nail is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your manicure. The accent nail is adorable. It's supposed to look different! I'm going to go with Mistletoe Kisses for Christmas. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pammymela - Thanks! I know, makes me feel like peppermint :)

    @Lucy - thanks so much, you have a Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete