December 26, 2010

Essie Luxedo

After all the reds and greens and bright sparkly bits of Christmas nails, I needed a palate cleanser in the form of a dark, vampy purple. So I decided it was the perfect opportunity to try out Essie Luxedo:




The top pic is two coats with a top coat of Seche Vite. This colour is gorgeous - luscious and dark and super glossy and smooth. Just what I needed!

Of course, I couldn't resist the urge to see what it would look like with some stamping over the top, so I added a stamp from plate BM20 in Konad Purple Princess polish. I love it - all baroque and luxurious but understated and subtle as well.

In other exciting news, I managed to get my hands on all of OPI's new Katy Perry collection yesterday, except for the Black Shatter (crackle polish), so I will swatch those as soon as we get some sun here! Don't get me wrong, I am loving all of this rain, but it is not conducive to nice, colour accurate photos.

MCB

2 comments:

  1. That's so gorgeous and shiny. Love that shade. The stamp is pretty also. Love the manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lucy! I love it too - just the thing after the colour and sparkle of Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete