December 6, 2010

Snowflake Konad

Now, I know its summer here in the Southern Hemisphere, and temperatures are quicky climbing to their typically stifling and uncomfortable levels as is the norm here in Aus. Christmas day is usually a nightmare - humidity is at about a million percent and walking outside is like wading through hot pea soup. Try putting makeup on and arranging your hair into some sort of socially acceptable style in that!

On that note, here are two random facts about me - firstly, I hate summer. I hate the humidity, the heat, the discomfort and the inability to even breath without sweating and generally looking like you've just walked out of a particularly strenuous session in a Bikram Yoga class. Winter is my bestest friend :) Secondly, and this fact is likely a direct consequence of the first, I love air conditioners. Sweet, sweet air conditioning. Wreaks all types of havoc on your skin and eyes, but removes all that evil heat and humidity and generally makes my world a better place.

So why am I regaling you with these inconsequential and probably uninteresting details? Basically its a long winded introduction to my current mani of snowflakes. Because even though temps outside are climbing, I am taking a leaf out of my Northern Hemisphere girls' books and embracing all that is cold and icy.

Ok enough talk:









This is three coats of Zoya Crystal as a base. I then randomly added snowflake stamps from Konad plate M59 and Bundlemonster plate BM14. Just to make it super sparkly, I topped it off with a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust and sealed it all with a shiny coat of Seche Vite. The rhinestones on my ring finger were added in between the Fairy Dust and Seche.

As usual, the pics do not do this justice. It is so sparkly and icy in real life. Oh well, even if it is getting hotter here, my nails can remain in denial :)

MCB

6 comments:

  1. looks great! i like the rhinestones on the ring finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondeful frosty manicure. Love the snowflake pattern and the crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lucy! It took a bit longer than usual, but it turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I'm seeing those snowflake Konad's everywhere, I WANT THAT PLATE, haha! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lois, you have to get it!! There's other cute stamps on it too that I use all the time - its a must have! :)

    ReplyDelete